Dr.Sudhir Kumar Reddy
Dr. Sudhir Kumar Reddy holds eminent qualifications, having obtained credentials as MS (Orthopaedics) from AIIMS, and M.Ch.Ortho from University of Dundee, U.K.
He completed Fellowship in Trauma and Ortho at the prestigious Intercollegiate Specialities Board, at UK.
At present he is working as Chief Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon at Landmark Hospitals and Century Hospital, Hyderabad, India.
He is one of the very few people to have experience in Cartilage Regenerative Surgery including Cartilage transplantation in India.
Call at: +91 8801159050
Timings: Mon-Sat: 9:00am-7:00pm
Clinic:Landmark Hospitals, Hyderabad.
I have returned to India after many years of experience in Europe with the aim of providing the same high quality of surgical care to patents in India at an affordable price adapting to local situation. Specifically I would continue to focus on my speciality of Arthritis & Joint Replacement surgery and strive to set standards, disseminate the knowledge and skills and bring these therapies with in the reach of the common man of India.
Surgical Training & Experience
All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi:
I spent nearly 1-0 years at AIIMS, studying both my MBBS and MS Orthopaedics at this prestigious Institute of the country. The training a this Institute was of extremely high quality and matches the reputation of the Institute.
Ninewells University Hospital, Dundee, UK:
Most of my training in United Kingdom was at the Ninewells Hospital, Dundee. This was a large university hospital known for excellence in Orthopaedics and is the regional trauma centre. The Orthopaedic department was large with experts in all the sub-specialities. I had excellent exposure ad training in all facets of Orthopaedics encouraged by a dynamic and committed team of Orthopaedic consultants.
Endo Kinik, Hamburg, Germany:
I was trained in Revision Joint Replacement a the world famous Endo Klinik. Endo Klinik s the world’s largest Revision Joint Replacement centre and one of the largest centres in the world for any kind of Joint Replacement.
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, UK:
RNOH is one of the world’s premier Orthopaedic super-speciality Hospital, which is the tertiary referral centre not only for United Kingdom but also for many parts of the world. I undertook training in ‘Cartilage Transplant Surgery’ & some aspects of ‘Regenerative Orthopaedic Surgery’
Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, UK:
Oswestry Orthopaedic Hospital, as it is commonly called, is one of the oldest and largest speciality Orthopaedic hospitals in the world. I was exposed to Stem cell use in Orthopaedics, Tissue Engineering & Cartilage Regeneration at this hospital.
Gent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium:
I undertook some training in ‘Advanced Arthroscopy of the Knee’ training here.
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham, UK:
At this large tertiary care Speciality Hospital I gained experience in ‘Shoulder Arthroscopy’.
Wellington Hospital, London:
I attended Wellington Hospital specifically to learn ‘Hip Arthroscopy’ from the world renowned Hip Arthroscopy surgeon ‘Richard Villar’.
Research and Publications:
- Contralateral slip - an avoidable complication and indication for prophylactic pinning in Slipped Upper Femoral Epiphysis – Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Br 2006 88(B):1492-1496.
- The Porcine limb as a model for human flexor tendon surgery – Paper published in Journal of Hand Surgery (Br).2005 Jun.30(3);307-309.
- Review of Acetabular Revisions Using Bateman Bipolar Prosthesis – Thesis submitted to University of Dundee as part of M.Ch. Orth programme.
- Study of rib hump deformities in scoliosis – Thesis submitted as part of Master of Surgery in Orthopaedics programme
- Internal Fixation of Subcapital Fractures of Femoral Neck – Submitted for publication to ‘Injury’ with me as the first author.
- Chairman of the hip arthroplasty Session at Telangana Orthopaedic surgeons Association (TOSA) – 1 st Conference – Hyderabad, Feb’16
- Conducted ‘Knee Arthroplasty Workshop’ at Telangana Orthopaedic surgeons Association (TOSA) – 1 st Conference – Hyderabad, Feb’16
- ‘Optimal Head size in Total Hip Arthroplasty’ – Invited speaker at at Telangana Orthopaedic surgeons Association (TOSA) – 1 st Conference – Hyderabad, Feb’16
- Faculty – Cadaveric workshop on Total Hip Arthroplasty – M S Ramaiah ALC, Bangalore, Jan’16
- Osteochondritis dissecans – Therapy protocol’ – Invited speaker at ‘3 rd Indian Cartilage Society’ conference at Ahmedabad, Nov’15
- Faculty – Stryker Millenium Conference, Kaulalumpur, May,14
- ‘Principles of Revision Knee Arthroplasty’ - Invited Speaker at ‘Stryker Millennium Arthroplasty’ conference, Mumbai, Sep’08.
- ‘Cell Therapies in Orthopaedic Surgery’ – Invited Speaker at ‘BioAsia 2008’, Hyderabad, Feb’08.
- Many invited lectures on common Orthopaedic problems were given at various regional Orthopaedic forums in Hyderabad and various districts in Andhra Pradesh.
- Slipped Upper Femoral Epiphysis – A case for prophylactic fixation: presented at the annual conference of British Orthopaedic Association in September 2005.
- Current management of Slipped Upper Femoral Epiphysis – Guest lecture at the Annual Congress of Indian Orthopaedic Association, Nov’ 2006, New Dehi.
- Internal Fixation of undisplaced intracapsular fractures of femoral neck: Presented a paper at the IOACON 2004 at Chennai, India
- Transtibial Amputation – World Congress of International Society for Prosthetics & Orthotics, Hong Kong, Aug’04.
- The Management of Slipped Upper Femoral Epiphyses in an adult trauma service – Presented at the ‘British Society of Children’s Orthopaedic Surgeons’ annual meeting, Dublin, Jun’05.
- Ceramic Implant Arthroplasty for 1 st Metatarsophalangeal joint – Short Term Outcome - ‘American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons’ annual conference at Orlando in Feb ‘03.
- Outcome of Ceramic Replacement Arthroplasty of 1 st Metatarsophalangeal joint – ‘British Orthopaedic Foot Surgery’ annual meeting at Chester in Nov ’02.
- Porcine foot as a practice model for human hand dissection - 'Annual Conference of Clinical Anatomists' held at Glasgow in July 2001.
- Management of acetabular fractures - Clinical conference, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Study of Rib hump deformities in Scoliosis - Clinical conference, AIIMS, New Delhi.
Awards and Achievements
- Received the Ian Smillie Class Award for Distinction from University of Dundee for best performance in M.Ch Orth Course.
- I was the Best Outgoing Student of my batch in M.S. (Orthopaedics) examination.
- Selected for the lone seat of M.S. Orthopaedics at AIIMS from open competition in May 1994.
- Passed all the examinations in M.B.B.S. in first attempt and was among the top ten students of the class.
- Medical School admission tests:
- Selected in all the medical school admission tests taken in 1988
- AIIMS: Competed with about 39000 students from all over the country for 36 seats and was selected.
- BHU: Competed with 35,000 students from all over the country for 50 seats and was selected.
- A.P.EAMCET: Competed with 32,000 students and secured 25 th rank.
- Intermediate education: College 1 st rank.
- Higher Secondary education: 1 st rank in the district. Recipient of State Merit Scholarship for the years 1985-87.